When it comes to maintaining a good strong immune system as well as keeping healthy and fit in general, diet is also an imp0rtant part of keeping healthy. Some foods that are thought to be some of the best foods to keep a healthy immune system are:
1) Yoghurt – There are probiotics which are found in yoghurt which are said to be very good for killing bacteria in the stomach. It is said that a 7 ounce serving of yoghurt is just as effective as taking various pills to keep levels up
2) Oats and Barley – In humans a regular intake of oats and barley is said to boost immunity, speeds wound healing, and may help antibiotics work better.
3) Garlic – Another good food is garlic which contains allicin, which fights infection and bacteria
4) Tea – A recent Harvard study found that people who drank 5 cups a day of black tea for 2 weeks had 10 times more virus-fighting interferon in their blood than others who drank a placebo hot drink.
5) Fish – It is saud that fish which contains selenium, helps white blood cells produce cytokines, which are proteins that help clear flu viruses out of the body as well as being rich in omega 3 oils which are also said to be good for memory and the mind.
6) Ginger – It is said that ginger is also good for helping the immune system as it has both anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties